Here are a few ministries we provide within the community.
We hope you feel called to join us!
HOPE HOUSE PROJECT
Hope House--This is a fledgling project which is being "put on the front burner" due to the desperate need of shelter for those living out in the elements. Hope House will offer showers, temporary sleeping arrangements, meals, and hopefully show them that they have value, and that there is a better way of life. We hope to offer free medical, dental, counseling and legal service, as well as spiritual guidance, depending on their needs. We need to give them hope, and help them to rise up. The first meeting is January 20, 2018 at TPUD at 10 a.m.
For more information please call 530-598-0679
Acts of Faith Ministry seeks to provide assistance to our local community members in need, in whatever way God directs; whether it be to provide transportation, help with grocery or other shopping, changing a light bulb, minor maintenance, home visits, etc. This ministry is mainly directed toward the elderly and disabled.
If we are aware of a need we are not able to fulfill, we will refer the person to someone local who can help. The whole purpose is to help each other as Jesus directed in the Gospels. For more information please call 530-598-0679.
- Homeless ministry-- Currently Pastor Walt puts together packets with hygiene products and snacks and takes them to local places where homeless people gather. We do NOT preach to them, but instead are loving, respectful and encouraging. Walt has been doing this for a few years now, and our resident homeless citizens know and trust him, and call him their pastor. The greatest help we can receive in this ministry is financial. Our goal is to start a rescue mission for them, to help them find a better way of life and to learn their value. We purchase all the items we hand out to them with ministry funds. We would truly appreciate your help.
- Hospital visits-- we are called to make visits to people who don't get any visitors, or who are close to death, or to people who know us and have requested us to come. We pray, read to them, chat, see to their needs in whatever way God leads.
- Long Term Care Facility Bible Study and visits-- We are honored to be able to bring God's word to those who are hospitalized long term; many are in the last few years of life. We sing hymns, read scripture, pray, and share stories with the elders.
- Jail visits-- occasionally we are asked to provide pastoral care to someone who is incarcerated in our local jail. We listen, pray, read scripture and offer compassion.
- Free Community Thanksgiving Dinner-- We, with the help of many within the community, serve a free Thanksgiving dinner for the community. This is to encourage unity within the community. We always need finances, food, cooks, servers, help to set up and clean up, and prayer partners who will come and sit and talk to people, showing them the love of Jesus.
- Annual Breakthrough Conference-- Every year on the last Saturday of June we hold a conference with speakers and worship musicians from within Trinity County and from other areas. This takes a lot of organization, travel arrangements, publicity (design and printing), scheduling, sound technicians, set up and clean up. It also takes financial help. This year we have people flying in from Texas, and possibly INDIA. Please help where God leads you.